I want to return my car early, is there a penalty to do so?
At Enterprise, we do not charge customers more for returning a car early, and you will only be charged for the days you had the vehicle (excluding prepaid reservations). If the location is closed when you try to return the vehicle or you are trying to return the vehicle to a different location, the following policy will apply:
- Will allow returns after hours and will have procedures in place for your early or late return. Please check with the rental location when picking up your rental vehicle for exact procedure.
- Please Note: Vehicles should be returned to the same location where they were picked up unless prior arrangements have been made with the original renting location.
- If you drop off your rental vehicle at the airport but did not originally pick up your vehicle at the airport, an additional drop fee may be charged.
- Require that their rental vehicles be returned during normal business hours.
- If you want to return a vehicle when the renting location is closed, you must check with them when picking up your vehicle to determine if an "after hours" service drop box is available. Doing so will help you avoid additional charges.
- Please Note: A vehicle that is returned after hours will not be checked in until the next business day. If returning after hours when a location is closed, the customer is responsible for the vehicle until the satisfactory check in of the rental vehicle the next business day.
<< Go Back to Full List of FAQs