What is the mileage/kilometre policy?
Unlimited mileage is available for most car classes in South Africa. Larger or Specialty vehicles (such as large passenger vans, large cargo vans or large SUVs) come with limited mileage and an incremental cost for every additional mile/kilometre over the allowed limit. Start a reservation to see if your requested vehicle class comes with unlimited mileage or to see the allowed mileage for a Large or Specialty vehicle.
Mileage Policy for Weekend Car Rentals
Unlimited mileage is offered for vehicles rented during the weekend, unless:
- The vehicle is a Large or Specialty vehicle (such as a large passenger van, a large cargo van or a large SUV).
- The reservation was made with our "Great Weekend Rates" promotional offer (available during select months at participating neighbourhood locations). This promotional rate includes 100 miles/150 kilometres per day and an incremental cost is charged for every additional mile/kilometre driven over the daily limit.
Driving a Rental Car Cross-Border
There are restrictions for driving the vehicle to neighbouring countries. Please be sure to review our U.S. and Canada Border-Crossing Policy for full details.
Unlimited Mileage on One-Way Rentals
Unlimited mileage is available on one-way rentals for most car classes in South Africa. Some classes may have a restriction like large passenger vans, cargo vans and large SUVs. Note, there may be a one-way fee separate from daily or weekly rate associated with a one-way rental. Start a reservation to see if your requested vehicle class comes with unlimited mileage and if additional one-way charges apply.
Does Enterprise offer Unlimited Kilometres on Car Rental?
At participating Enterprise rental locations, a vehicle can be rented in one location and returned to another.
However, please be advised that:
- Some one-way rentals are assessed a one-time drop-off charge or mileage charge in addition to the rental rate.
- The drop-off charge fee varies by rental location, return location, and time of year. If there is a drop charge fee, it will be disclosed when you book via the web site and is payable at time of pick up.
- The rate to go one way may also be higher than if returning to the same location.
- Please book your one-way rentals in advance.
- Rentals that are returned within the same city could be subject to a drop charge, mileage charge, or higher rate.
In addition to the above policies, please make sure to review our Border Crossing Policy to ensure all additional requirements are met.
To see if your rental location offers one-way rentals start a new car rental reservation.
- Once on the "Start a Reservation" page, enter in your pick-up location.
- Then click on the one way "Return to a different location" box.
- Once you have made this selection, you will be prompted to enter in a return location.
- If a one way is allowed, you will be taken to the 'Choose A Vehicle Class' screen.
- If a one way is not allowed, you will receive the following message: